I love making a pan of vegetables and it is so simple to do. You basically take whatever vegetables you have in the house and chop them up, and then start adding your seasonings of choice. My go to list is below, but really, you can add any flavor you want. In fact, I only recently added potatoes to my usual stir-fry.
I find the key to this is all in the oil you use and the time you cook it. I started out with extra-virgin olive oil, but now am a big fan of Coconut Oil. It is not a heavy flavor and it allows the veggies and spices to shine through. You also have to keep an eye on the veggies so they don’t get soggy and adjust your cooking time accordingly.
You can make this a side dish to virtually anything, add a protein of choice or simply eat it by itself. So enjoy and tell me what your favorite seasonings are!
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 4 baby size purple potatoes, sliced
- 6 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 4 gloves of garlic, minced
- fresh rosemary
- 1 heaping tbsp. coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop your veggies and garlic.
- Heat your oil in your pan until it is melted; add the potatoes, garlic and rosemary. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and zucchini. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Finally add the mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for only a few more minutes, making sure your vegetables all remain crunchy.