I don’t know about you, but I grill all year round. I love my grill. I have no problem making my husband go outside in winter gear to put something on the grill! This one is one of my all time favorites, and my family’s as well. I will admit, I only make very small modifications to this recipe since it is fabulous all on its own!
I originally found this recipe in Bon Appetit magazine and I quickly jumped on it. I found it to be super easy. You just mix up the marinade and soak the chicken, skewer and grill. You don’t even have to add the extra sauce during grilling if you are in a hurry, but it is worth it!
You will notice the recipe states that you can grill it right away, but I like to marinate it for at least an hour. But as a busy Mom, you don’t always remember to do the prep work ahead of time or even have time! So rest assured, this recipe is fabulous even when you throw it together at the last minute!
- ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup hot chili paste (Danelle's note: I use Thai Chili Paste or Srirachi Chili Paste)
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 2 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger (Danelle's note: I use Gourmet Garden ready made Ginger)
- 1½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1½-inch–2-inch pieces
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water at least 1 hour
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Whisk brown sugar, vinegar, chili paste, fish sauce, Sriracha, and ginger in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Thread 4 or 5 chicken pieces onto each skewer.
- Transfer marinade to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half (about 1 cup), 7–10 minutes.
- Grill chicken, turning and basting often with reduced marinade, until cooked through, 8–10 minutes.